First day back! And boy was it hard to get into the groove of clinic again! I forgot SO much, so it didn't help that we were learning NOT one but TWO new things today!!
First introducing... THE GRACEY'S!! For everyone who reads this, which, it isn't many, and most, if not all, won't have gracey's used on them, gracey's are used on people with large gingival pockets to remove calculus. They are also called area specific curets because their cutting edge is at an angle to the functional shank! At first this was tricky because I kept wanting to angle the instrument but there was no need. After the first few times, I finally got the hang of it and I believe they will come in handy!
Next first was the ultrasonic! We didn't spend too much time here because they don't want us first years using it as a crutch, which is understandable, but I can see how it could be handy when first attacking some calculus!
No comments:
Post a Comment