Tuesday, January 25, 2011

killer radiographs and sheet calculus!

Killer - as in stupendous, excellent, fabulous, super duper!! Yep, I finally caught on to taking x-rays; correct film placement, horizontal and vertical angulation and speed. I did 4 BWX and a panoramic x-ray in under 10 minutes!
Sheet calculus - calcified biofilm that adheres to tooth structure in a thin sheet. HARD TO GET OFF!!! I had to use the ultrasonic today (which I'm bad at!) so I could finish my patient in one appointment. Talk about stressful!!! We waited 20 minutes for an OD check and I forgot to show my patient the entertaining youtube video (see below)! In case you are wondering though, the ultrasonic does not get off sheet calculus- the barnhart however, does. Instructor Demmings did have to help me with that so we could get my patient done, but we did it!

Goal for next time - first off, FIND a patient and then get through OD and scale a quad!

No comments:

Post a Comment