Wednesday, January 5, 2011

not exactly what i expected...

I thought I'd go out on a limb and schedule someone I didn't know from the resourse list for my first patient of the semester. Mostly because I could NOT find someone I knew who'd could come in. Just my luck! To futher my lucky streak, I show up today with the idea that my patient could be a class II with MAYBE a quad of class III... NOT a class III patient with a quad of class IV!! It was the first time I'd seen the end of my probe disappear in someone's mouth. It was pretty intense, to say the least.
To add to my stress, I had ZERO retakes on my radiographs - no pressure there for the first time coming back after a month! They came out alright.. Could have been better but I did alright.
Lastly, I missed something when doing my intra-oral examination. And it's not because I didn't look or do what I was supposed to... I just wasn't thorough enough. 
I forgot quite a few things today. My charting was awful! I just hope I get better at EVERYTHING!
However, I will end with good news: there was TONS of calculus in my patient's mouth and it looked FUN to get off!!! (I was a little giddy when I saw)

1 comment:

  1. Wow.....how fun! I'm VERY envious of the whole "no retakes" thing. I only took 4 and had to retake 2. BOOO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete