Clinic today was SPECTACULAR!!! These last 5 weeks of school haven't been for nothing; we worked on probing* today and we're awful at it! Others promise it gets easier.... I will admit that by the end of clinic I was getting more comfortable with being probed (good news!! I didn't have to sit on my hands!), but maybe not doing the action itself. There are so many things to remember: fulcrum here, mirror there, probe down, probe up, into the col, watch the line angle, adaptation to tooth anatomy, not too hard! and COUNT COUNT COUNT (to remember the measurements)!! The phrase, "practice makes perfect," is now a frequent thought of mine. I can't wait until next time and we find out if anything from today actually stuck!
*For anyone who does not know what probing is, we are measuring gingival pockets by sticking instruments into those sucli and recording their measurements.
Oh my seriously, as if not making my pt bleed to death wasn't enough. I couldn't see (let alone REMEMBER) the measurements for the life.
ReplyDeleteHa ha I love that your star at the end of your post would make perfect sense to any regular ole Joe that read your blog... NOT!!! Ha ha Gingival Pockets and Sulci aren't words that get thrown around my house very often! You are sweet for trying though. :)
ReplyDelete