Wednesday, September 15, 2010

(insert clever title here)

FINALLY, things are coming more naturally!
Today we did extra oral exams and by the end of the day, I was perfoming the exam without looking at any notes! Talk about exciting! I've got an order down of how and when I like to check each area. That will help me not miss anything.
We also did dental mirroring and fulcrum positioning. This concept just adds to everything we've been learning and it helps positioning make sense. The fulcrum helps stabilize the mirror and instrument so you don't slip and poke, hit, stab, or knock the patient in the mouth. The mirror also aids with visualization and illumination.
And we actually worked on real people so I'm fairly confident about what is normal and how to position myself for human beings (at least for the 2 girls I worked on! Sorry Sebastian.) 

Well, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment