Monday, September 20, 2010

eyewear

My entire life my vision has been 20/15.... absolutely perfect! Better than perfect to be exact. Think I've ever needed glasses? I don't think so!!! Therefore, one of the hardest things for me to get used to is having to use protective eyewear. And that's for both me and my patient.
Thus, today while we were practicing our intra-oral examinations and our fulcrum/instrument grasp/positioning, I was so proud of myself for remembering to tell my practice partner to put on her glasses :) In fact, I even wore them all through out doing my Health History PE (what a relief to have that done!!) And then, I also didn't have much trouble with the fogging of the eyewear (Marianne knows what I'm talking about).... It has been an issue in the past. And let me tell you, foggy glasses, make it difficult to perform the procedures, see the needed structures and fulcrum placement, and keep the perfect grasp on the instruments!

1 comment:

  1. Word to your mom. Especially since mine fog at like the center of my eye brow . . . wish I could remember the extra-oral exam name for that. dang it.

    ReplyDelete