Thursday, February 23, 2012

speak english!!! heck, i just want to be able to speak at all!!

This just makes me laugh because of my last blog post and effort to learn Spanish. It's mockboard day, I can hardly talk this morning because my throat hurt so bad, and I'm trying to tell my patient to follow me up front and my charade skills are just not up to par (although, Marianne gets a 15 out of 10 because she knew what I was trying to say every time!!), and he looks at me and says, with a Spanish accent, "Speak English!!" Gotta LOVE Karen, because she comes over and says,"Her throat hurts so she can't really speak at all, but she wants you to follow her." Thanks girl for communicating to my patient for me!

I pulled up my blog post from last mockboard and followed my process of what I did, and what I plan to do board day, and it failed me... I was not to hot, I still passed, barely, but afterwards I realized I failed to mention something and that's to get up, walk around and wash my hands before I reglove and explore again. I think that, and the combination of not being sick will really benefit me day of boards. Also, don't be afraid to use my Nevi on the posteriors in the contacts or even semi subgingivally.

Well, thank heavens for throat lozenges, ibuprofen, water, and lunch because by the afternoon I was able to talk and the pain had subsided a bit. The afternoon was also a success because there were some walk ins who needed panos, so Stef and I took them, finished our requirements, AND scheduled the kids to come back for appointments! :) I guess paying my dues of a pizza to Salomon paid off.

To end on an awkward note, Perry scared the heck out of me by touching/grabbing/attempting to hold my hand?!?? and then proceeded to blame it on me! What a buttfaced miscreant! (A little Gilmore Girls reference there for ya!) This is the OFFICIAL record, I DID NOT try to grab Perry's hand!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha you crack me up!! I am so sorry you weren't feeling well for mockboard, what a crappy day to be sick! But I am so happy you passed!

    ReplyDelete