Tuesday, February 7, 2012

a normal day at the VA

Got to the VA and my morning patient cancelled/no showed. Can't remember which it was now that I'm home. It was a slow morning because THREE of us didn't have patients!! So we practiced LA, extremely helpful. But then 9:30 came around... PAUSE!! Story: neither Brooke nor I were feeling up to seeing a patient so we roshambo'd, best 2 out of 3, winner didn't see the patient. I won.... PLAY: so 9:30 came around and Karlie, Brooke, AND I all got patients.

Morning patient was pretty awesome. He played 80's music for us to listen to from his phone. Here is his favorite song and music video:



His tip: no matter how your day has been, you can get in your car, BLAST the radio, sing your heart out, and you'll feel better. I plan on trying it some time. Also, see if you can hit all the notes.

Afternoon patient was EVEN better!!! Had a prosthetic right leg that got blown off in Vietnam. And part of his therapy was learning to ski on ONE leg!! SAAAWEET!!! And then he ended up working with my Grandpa as chemical engineers. Small world. Last, but not least, I also got 1 quad of a class-III (which I'm lacking) and passed off a PE.

LUNCH: Jimmy Johns. YUMM. Thanks Marianne for heading the idea/group!

All in all, great day! We were even out of the VA by 3:45!





No comments:

Post a Comment