I got me a board patient for local anesthesia..... My good ole peer pal!!! My injections on her for mockboard today went so super smoothly, that I couldn't NOT ask/beg her! That being said, I still failed the exam today. Here are some things I need to remember for boards:
- keep counter clear
- have clean and dirty areas (tray covers on counter/table OR bracket tray)
- after removing the needle from the syringe, set syringe down before putting needle in sharps container
- hold back of prop card on TOP of sharps container and push needle down.
- twist needle cap from the tip NOT hub!!!
**** FULCRUM!!!! To keep from shaking so bad!!!******
Good news is, I got to practice these wonderful things in the afternoon because I saw a class IV patient, gave injections, cleaned 1 quad, passed off 3 PE's, did subgingival irrigation, AND learned some Spanish!!! He was such a great guy. We even extended our talk from dental terms to his children and what they are doing. I mostly understand and speak very little. But I enjoyed the practice and it makes me want to learn more so I can help more people by being able to communicate with them!
I love the video you added to your blog! HI-larious! I believe that word you are looking for is "probed!" Love it!
ReplyDeleteHaha, thanks Sarah. I love it too!! :) WE probe people!!!
ReplyDelete