Wednesday, November 16, 2011

last day at the va

Today was the last time I will be at the VA for 2011. This is what we did as soon as we walked out of that
blessed building!

  

 JUST KIDDING!! But we did go celebrate! :)

With ice cream! :) Can life get better?!

As always, I had the most ADORABLE patients!! I love these Veterans! :) My first patient gave me advice on the guy I should marry. Then he found out how old I was and told me to forget his advice for 3 more years! He gave some good qualities that I will pull out 3 years from now for sure!! I got some good practice with my perio files. One thing to remember is to FOLLOW THE TOOTH!! I was having a hard time getting the file into a lingual pocket on #21, and once I tipped the instrument back towards the tooth (rather than jamming it into the tissue) it slid right in!! :) and it worked fantastically. I can check that PE off my list, now I've just got to do the last one for the semester.

Real quick I need to throw a special thanks to Stefanie, I couldn't have made it through the morning without her! :)

Lastly, I wanted to do a little virtual tour of my operatory at the VA because I don't know if I will use the same one next year, but I forgot :( Instead, I will treat you to what Brooke and Leigh do when they are bored! ;) or at least what they do when given an afternoon off, hotdogs, arestin, and "perio chips!"

 

3 comments:

  1. MeCh, I love what you are doing with all these new videos on your blog! They are hilarious! Keep them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Prof Alexander is seriously trying to teach the lab, and here Leigh and I are oblivious to it all and just having fun with our hot dog medicaments. We are such brats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I forgot just how out of it I was that day! I'm jealous of your ice cream trip. I think I might try to talk my group into that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete