This goes out to one of my patients from today!! He MADE my day!! Heck, my entire week. This last week has been a rough one. A combination of school, work, and home have begun to catch up with me and I've been struggling. But today while I cleaned his teeth, we had a real good talk about EVERYTHING, from his home care, brushing habits and drug rehab, to my dating life, and Dr. Heavy-hand's probing style, and when he left he told me how good of a job I did and that I would succeed. Being complimented always makes you feel better. But to add to it, he even told the front desk how much he enjoyed our time together, and then the wonderful front desk lady told me what he said during lunch. That made me feel even better. And this patient had some sensitive areas so I wasn't completely nice to him, but it just goes to show how serving and thinking about other people can improve your day (and add a compliment or two in there).
My goal for the next few weeks is to clean class V's WITHOUT the ultrasonic and work on my speed. Oh and do some PE's. The end is near.
No comments:
Post a Comment