Today did not turn out quite like I planned... In some ways it was better but in others it was worse. To begin I will tell you about my patient: 37 year old man who doesn't remember the last time he had his teeth cleaned. A second year did the OD then gave him to me because they classified him as a Class II. My patient had hypertension so he needed to go see the Dr before I could treat him. Thank heavens he is such a compliant patient because not only did he go see the Dr for his high blood pressure, he also had been brushing his teeth and flossing every day since his first appointment. (I need to ask Megan what she did because I've never had such an obedient patient!!)
NoW I had hopes of completing this class II patient today... Unfortunately I was only able to do one quadrant. Fortunately, that one quadrant got changed to be a class III!! So I got to use my graceys again today (and I was more confident using them). I passed off that PE, my subgingival explorer and ultrasonic! Wahoo!!! I'm still not sure how I feel about ultrasonics. After UDA convention, I know we need to use them on every perio patient, but I still feel like I have to spend just as much time hand instrumenting as I normally would. Frustrating!!! Practice makes perfect though.
Lastly, I gave my patient the diet diary for the caries intervention, scheduled him to come back, and hope and pray he does it and I can complete more than one quad and that they'll be class III's again!
Wish me luck!
Oh and I scheduled my 1A's hopefully I can get all 3 done in one day and maybe a sealant! *crossing fingers!!*
Great Job! You got a lot done today!
ReplyDeleteAnd to think this could have been my patient. Oh my. JK, good jarb.
ReplyDelete