Wednesday, February 2, 2011

lots of blood!

Yep, my class III perio patient was today and there was LOTS OF BLOOD!!!! (family, class III means REALLY difficult) I got blood everywhere! The poor guy was such a good sport though, because I didn't even finish a quad in 3 hours... that's after administering nitrous and getting him numb... and he's STILL willing to come back!
Before we all go thinking I'm a failure, and trust me, I'm feeling like one, the calculus was EVERY WHERE! and EXTREMELY tenacious! My hands hurt when I was done. Even my ultrasonic was barely making a dent in it (talk about discouraging!)
I'm hoping I just do better next next appointment with him and that I get faster so I can do the last 2 quads. And if anyone has any tips, PLEASE send them my way!! I'm desperate for anything!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you were talked about today! We all got to learn about your bloody catastrophe! And the instructors said your patient was class IV, so go with it!!

    ReplyDelete