Well, pretty much I suck at scaling... and to quote Professor Costley: You'd better keep the sharp objects away from me today because I missed SEVEN (7!!!) spots of calculus!!!!!! And 4 of those Costley had to get off herself because I couldn't do it. Talk about discouraging. It didn't hit me how bad I was actually doing until Professor Costley made the sharp objects comment, and then I realized I was doing an AWFUL job.
In my defense however, I gave the loupes I had been using back to their rightful owner and it was messing with my mind today. I kept looking lower and lower through my glasses in hopes that I would hit the magnifiers! I never did...
On the flip side though, I passed off 3 PE's today. So I might not be good at scaling, but I can be a good clinic assistant, a spectacular polisher, and I sure do make those instruments sharp!! (The better to cut me with... JUST KIDDING!!)
GOAL: find 1A patients....
Speaking of sharp instruments, I dropped my explorer and a scaler on the floor (in two different appointments), with the same patient. I was like....dang I'm clumsy. Then I touched the tip of my mirror against his glasses and he's all like "thank goodness I have glasses on". He and I had a good laugh...thank goodness he is a nice guy.
ReplyDelete