Call me crazy, but for some reason this weekend felt super long. Therefore, getting back into the groove of things for school has been somewhat tricky! Which is probably why blogging slipped my mind until just a few moments ago! And now the sad thing is my internet connection is really stinking it up because we don't have WIFI at my house and I somehow broke my ethernet cable! Let's pray this blog gets posted!
I really don't know why I forgot to blog today... It was such a good one! We worked on gingival statements (generally healthy with localized marginal redness around such and such area). And then we disclosed each other, meaning we put dye in our mouths that make the plaque on our teeth go pink... and EVERYTHING else inside our mouths turn purple! It's too bad the disclosing agent tastes rancid instead of something delicious like pomegranate slurpee flavor! After our mouths changed colors, we practiced counting stained areas to obtain a "plaque free index" score. Next, we had the lovely opportunity of brushing the pink off of our patient's teeth... talk about a new experience!! Brushing someone else's mouth is just as different as having someone brush your own mouth! It was nice to have someone else do the work though. Finally, we practiced and passed off the exploring PE. I didn't have the opportunity to practice as much as I would have hoped this weekend, and so I still suck at adaptation, but I did make it through!
Oh, and I had a nice little treat in my "cubbie" today. A package of starbursts that a bunch of us ate. Thank you, whomever gave me the treat! It made my day! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment