Worked on a REAL LIVE patient today!!! Wahoo!! (Is it working on them if you're technically only suctioning and spraying water?) Unfortunately, it was Spa day for Karlie who got a nice shower/face wash! I'm sure it was rather refreshing!
Today I am going home with suction hickeys because I was a real live patient too. And boy does our suction here at Weber State University Dental Hygiene Clinic, SUCK!! I also got blinded from the BRIGHT operatory lights!! :) Meaning, we can surely see in our patients mouths and get off ALL their calculus! Lucky them!
We learned the proper way to set up and tear down our operatories. I believe it was the day when common knowledge came in handy; when to glove, when it was appropriate to touch clean things with CLEAN hands, and when to throw things away and change gloves.
And last but not least, the music selection was a nice blend of 60's (Chicago) and mid 90's (Uncle Kracker) music... just delightful to listen to in the background!! Because yes, we as women can MULTI-TASK!
Don't forget Aretha Franklin and R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Did you see Mr. Soloman singing it in the hall? hilarious. That was a serious good time.
ReplyDelete