Tuesday, October 11, 2011

the perfect formula

Mockboards was today. And I had the perfect formula for doing well on them.

a good clinic day for me
+
a perfect patient with enough calculus that is easy to get off
=
no missed areas
=
lucky day for me!!!

EXCEPT!!!! I forgot to record zeros for my recession!!!! There was none, so I just left the boxes blank. Knowing full well I wasn't supposed to do that!! I had already left a line blank on the yellow medications sheet, so you'd think I would have remembered NOT TO LEAVE ANYTHING BLANK!! I didn't...

Here is a good example of my patients calculus and how easy it actually was to get off!!

In case you are wondering, this was on the lingual side of tooth #29 (so the tongue side of your second premolar, the third tooth from the back, Candace) and it shouldn't look like that!!! I had already cleaned the other half of my patients mouth and she seems to be brushing much better because not a lot of build up has come back.

All in all, it was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. That came out of your patient's mouth. Yikes!
    Great job today. And I don't think you just had a good day. You've got mad skills. I witness it every Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Am I really the only non-dental person who reads your blog?

    Glad you had a good day...next time do NOT LEAVE ANYTHING BLANK!!

    ReplyDelete