I can feel it, I am starting the no show/patient cancellation streak. And I still have 35 class 3/4 quads left to do!!!! It's probably because we missed our Pod prayer today. (Although, Karlie and Sam both got mockboard patients and all of Brooke's patients showed up, so really it was just me.)
My morning started off well! Cleaned a wonderful "granola guy." Seriously, healthiest guy I ever met!! Vegetarian, who is teaching his children the importance of health and responsibility; they must cook dinner once a week and get food from the garden, that they help plant, for the meal. No mistakes, and got some bitewings.
Afternoon?..... not so lucky. My patient called and cancelled at lunch after confirming at 8:30 that morning. I tried everyone on the resource list. Kayla and I finally resorted to going down to the Union Building and seeing if anyone wanted to come up. On the way down there, I called two friends and one of them took pity on me and came up! THANK YOU BUDDY!! I got a PE passed off and we talked for a good 2 hours. Funny though, my morning patient is 12 years older and on less medication than my "druggie" afternoon patient! I'll never miss prayer again!!!!!
AWE! I just realized we did miss prayer. And I was seriously thinking....I CANNOT believe that for the first time all semester, both my patient's showed!!
ReplyDeleteI was listening to you talk to your granola and he sounded like a very resourceful guy. I love being in a pod with you guys and listening to your conversations. What's gonna happen when I'm working all by myself and have no one to listen to. Boo!
Ah...you guys are so cute, I wanna be in pod prayer. I have also had more trouble these past 5 weeks with no shows/cancellations than I had the entire first semester. Oh well, there is only so much that we can have control over and I too need some dang class 3/4's!!!
ReplyDelete