There's the eternal struggle between work & play... The trick is, when you grow up, find work that feels like play!
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
what about blood?!?
"Bob" or "blood"?
Question:
I feel like my patients are really bleeding a lot.
Is anyone else noticing this? Is this unusual? Both my patients today were class II's, so there were deeper pockets. I just don't want to be causing tissue trauma or be doing something else wrong...
I'd love to hear from you about your thoughts!!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. It was difficult and I wouldn't want to do it again, but i am so happy to have had the experience so that I feel like I could do it again in private practice if I had to. About the bleeding....I think it's super normal. The tissue is ulcerated from lack of care, therefore it bleeds easily. I don't think it is tissue trauma. So breathe, and try not to be so critical of yourself....you rock!
If you don't get tissue trauma on a 1B, then the same strokes wouldn't be causing unnecessary tissue trauma on a higher classified patient. If you are constant, then the variable is them and their tissue health. Don't let it get in the way of you and your treatment.
I had a pt. today that was a 1B but bled a TON. i was worried too, but he also had a BFI of 68% so I think that it must be because of bacteria and infection. I didn't see anybody last semester that bled a lot so it freaked me out because I was worried that I was hurting him. I hope that we will be able to tell the difference between tissue trauma and normal bleeding...
Thanks for your comment on my blog. It was difficult and I wouldn't want to do it again, but i am so happy to have had the experience so that I feel like I could do it again in private practice if I had to.
ReplyDeleteAbout the bleeding....I think it's super normal. The tissue is ulcerated from lack of care, therefore it bleeds easily. I don't think it is tissue trauma. So breathe, and try not to be so critical of yourself....you rock!
If you don't get tissue trauma on a 1B, then the same strokes wouldn't be causing unnecessary tissue trauma on a higher classified patient. If you are constant, then the variable is them and their tissue health. Don't let it get in the way of you and your treatment.
ReplyDeleteThanks girls!!!
ReplyDeleteI had a pt. today that was a 1B but bled a TON. i was worried too, but he also had a BFI of 68% so I think that it must be because of bacteria and infection. I didn't see anybody last semester that bled a lot so it freaked me out because I was worried that I was hurting him. I hope that we will be able to tell the difference between tissue trauma and normal bleeding...
ReplyDelete