Wednesday, August 24, 2011

i'm baaack!!!

First day back in the practice of things and it was WONDERFUL!!!  Especially being at the VA and off in my own little area, I got to experience what it is like in private practice. FIRST: I took a pano and some bitewings (I sucked at it, but I took some nonetheless). SECOND: my patient also got an exam from the dentist. So he came in after I had finished the prophylaxis, and I told him about all of my findings. THIRD: while I was doing my cleaning, I would discuss OHI with my patient and explain everything I was doing and why.

I knew oraqix helped with numbing the gingiva, but today I learned that it also helps with some tooth sensitivity. My patient had some abfractions and a few other root surfaces that would "ZING" him pretty badly. So we set it up, placed the oraqix, and went to town!!! It was heavenly.

I have decided that ultrasonics actually DO help. I watched it shatter the calculus from off the mandibular anteriors (buccal and lingual).

I thoroughly enjoyed today! Even if we got done a little late. Thanks for driving Whit!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! The dental nerd has returned!
    I have a feeling I'm going to understand a lot less of your posts this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Holy crap that sounds like one serious first day at the VA. You finished your patient? Nice Nice Nice. Thanks for getting me excited about tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete