I've had pretty much one recurrent goal semester, and that was to FIND 1A's and get them done. So today I had all my 1A patients, a 5 and 3 year old boys, and a 9 year old girl, and I got them done, with extra time to chart! Which was a chore all in itself.
The boys were FANTASTIC!! I hate to say it, but they were just as good as the 9 year old girl. The boys even let me scale the calculus they had on their molars off!!! (Just as long as I didn't give them a shot! - they didn't know I'm not even allowed to do that yet.) And I was lucky because neither of them have had any dental work done before, so charting was a cinch!!
The girl had about equal permentant and primary teeth left, so I had to probe them, which actually takes quite a bit of time! And then I missed the starting of sheet calculus on her mandibular anteriors... I knew they looked a little "dull" but I thought it was plaque and I could polish it off.. I was wrong. I must not forget sheet calculus!!!
All in all, a good day. I just hope my final Class III patient comes in next monday!!!!!!
Way to go on your goals! I cannot believe you saw all of them in one appointment. You were a busy chica! My class III comes in Monday too. So lets both say a lil prayer for each other that we can get that requirement passed off.
ReplyDeleteGood job girl! Kid patients are the best, i have one on Monday, i am praying she is good like yours were!
ReplyDeleteYAY for getting 1A requirements! It was fun having you right next to me in clinic for those few days!!
ReplyDelete